how can i increase volume without having to press fn key helios 300

BigBeans
BigBeans Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
hello, and thank you for reading this, hopefully, you can help me.
i just got a helios 300 and was wondering if there is any way for me to increase the volume without having to hold down fn, since the volume and brightness buttons are in the arrow keys, going into bios and changing the fn setting didn't do anything unless there's another setting in the bios which I don't know,
also my games crash randomly, some times 10 mins in 30 min or not at all, anyone have any idea?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Click speaker icon in Taskbar and use the slider to increase/reduce volume.

• BigBeans
    Hi,
    Click speaker icon in Taskbar and use the slider to increase/reduce volume.

thank you for responding, but what I actually wanted to ask was if I could make it so I could press the up arrow button for increasing volume without having to hold f1 while doing it, or increase brightness with right arrow key and not holding f1, just for convenience,
    I am sorry if I wrote my question incorrectly 
  • jakesu11y
    jakesu11y Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    To the best of my knowledge, no. You're going to have to use two buttons, lol. 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    Hi @BigBeans
    Yes, as @jakesu11y said you have to stick to the default settings.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,738 Pathfinder
    BigBeans said:
    i just got a helios 300 and was wondering if there is any way for me to increase the volume without having to hold down fn, since the volume and brightness buttons are in the arrow keys, going into bios and changing the fn setting didn't do anything unless there's another setting in the bios which I don't know,
    also my games crash randomly, some times 10 mins in 30 min or not at all, anyone have any idea?
    You would need to use custom OSD (on screen display) software for that.
    Regarding games crashing... you need to provide more details - the more the details, the easier to troubleshoot.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • BigBeans
    jakesu11y said:
    To the best of my knowledge, no. You're going to have to use two buttons, lol. 

lol 
  • BigBeans
    sri369 said:
    BigBeans said:
    Regarding games crashing... you need to provide more details - the more the details, the easier to troubleshoot.
    i already got some help from this gentleman who helped me a bit but games are now crashing for no apparent reason, here's the link to the original post https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/767487#Comment_767487
  • BigBeans
    sri369 said:
    BigBeans said:
    i already got some help from this gentleman who helped me a bit but games are now crashing for no apparent reason, here's the link to the original post https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/767487#Comment_767487
  • BigBeans
    XdxD said:
    If you wish, you can control the volume using gesture on the touchpad. I have set it to 4-fingers scroll. Do it from Settings - Devices - Touchpad - Additional Gestures.
    thanks, this works amazing and it really changed the way i use the laptop

• kamneed
    kamneed Member Posts: 1 New User
    BigBeans said:
    My solution is to use SharpKeys - I just remapped 'Pg Up' to 'Mute', 'Pg Dn' to 'Volume Down' and 'End' to 'Volume Up'

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    BigBeans said:
    XdxD said:
    If you wish, you can control the volume using gesture on the touchpad. I have set it to 4-fingers scroll. Do it from Settings - Devices - Touchpad - Additional Gestures.
    thanks, this works amazing and it really changed the way i use the laptop

Glad it helped. I have been using it that way since 2017. Now I feel my old laptop without precision touchpad as obsolete 😂!
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • BigBeans
    sri369 said:
    BigBeans said:
    i already got some help from this gentleman who helped me a bit, there we already tried to figure out the cause but nothing worked
  • BigBeans
    kamneed said:
    BigBeans said:
    My solution is to use SharpKeys - I just remapped 'Pg Up' to 'Mute', 'Pg Dn' to 'Volume Down' and 'End' to 'Volume Up'

thank you!