Which DVD-drive will fit the front supplied with my Aspire XC-886?

Kjetil
Kjetil Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I bought myself an Aspire XC-886 without an optical drive. My father had an old GT34N SATA DVD/CD-RW. My issue was that the supplied tray front didn't fit. Is there any drives I can use that are sure to fit my tray front? Maybe someone can provide me the model number of the optical drive installed in an XC-886 that was shipped with one?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The two stock drives for your model are either a KO.0080F.013 or KO.0080D.019. Neither of those comes with a bezel, so you'll need that previous part number as well as one of these.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    The XC-886 uses a standard slim line optical drive with just a flat front bezel that pushes on the door when opened. Most of the slimline drives have pretty much the same bezel. What's not fitting on yours?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kjetil
    The latches at the supplied front bezel are not at the same place as on the bezel originally sitting on the drive I tried to use. I may force it on, but then I have to break off two latches making it fastened only on the sides, not in the middle. I will try to get hold of the drive an try to take some photos later.
  • billsey
    Since it's just a flat, generic bezel you should have been able to use the one supplied with the drive...
  • Kjetil
    Probably, but then then the computer will not look as sleek. As I remember; The bezel supplied with the computer is slightly bigger than the one supplied with the drive so the gap between the computer front and the bezel will be bigger
  • billsey
    Well, the part number for the stock bezel is 60.BAQD3.004. Some Googling might help find the one that fits best.
  • Kjetil
    Thank you, but I would prefer the part number for the stock DVD-drive
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    The two stock drives for your model are either a KO.0080F.013 or KO.0080D.019. Neither of those comes with a bezel, so you'll need that previous part number as well as one of these.

• Kjetil
    Thank you very much. The bezel was bundled with the computer so I have that already. 
  • billsey
    Let us known which you find and how well it fits.
  • Kjetil
    I ended up ordering KO.0080D.019 because of availability.  As you can see on the picture, the bezel snapped right on. Now i just need to mount the mounting kit so I can install it in the computer. 

Thank you very much for your help. 
  • billsey
    Sweet!  :)