Acer Swift 3 SF315-52 won’t turn on

Options
KMuller
KMuller Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
I put my laptop onto charge and now it won’t turn back on. On the side there is a little battery sign with a lightning bolt through it with an orange light powered up next to it. What does this mean? Any suggestions on how what I can do to get it to turn on again ?

Thanks 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    That should be showing the power is plugged in and charging, IIRC it will turn blue when fully charged. Lets check to see if you are stuck in a sleep mode. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, release the button and wait a bit, then try to turn it on normally. Report back with the results and we'll go farther if needed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KMuller
    KMuller Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Still won’t turn on after trying that. The light is on even without being plugged in. 
  • jk20s
    jk20s Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I had similar thing happen to me on my swift 1. what worked for me was physically disconnecting and reconnecting battery. I also cut my finger on sharp back cover so be careful if you decide to remove cover yourself
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, if it's not a stuck in sleep issue the next step is a battery reset. The SF315-52 has a reset hole on the bottom that you can use a paperclip on. It disconnects the battery which allows you to bleed off residual power to clear corrupting in the battery settings. Unplug the power, then press and hold the battery reset for 15 seconds, release and wait 15-30 minutes then plug the power back in and try starting it. No need for a disassembly on these newer models.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Liccurici
    Liccurici Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    OK, if it's not a stuck in sleep issue the next step is a battery reset. The SF315-52 has a reset hole on the bottom that you can use a paperclip on. It disconnects the battery which allows you to bleed off residual power to clear corrupting in the battery settings. Unplug the power, then press and hold the battery reset for 15 seconds, release and wait 15-30 minutes then plug the power back in and try starting it. No need for a disassembly on these newer models.

Hi, I have the same issues now with my Swift 3 Acer, I have tried everything including the above. It didn't work! I unplugged the power, I clicked on battery reset for more than 30 seconds, waited 30 minutes on clock, plugged back power and turned it on. Black screen, it still didn't turn on. I've been doing this since this morning, and it's 1400 o clock. What now?
  • billsey
    Options
    Turn it on and allow the battery to discharge until it shuts back down on it's own. Plug it in but leave it turned off until the battery shows a full charge, then try turning it on normally.
  • Iam0
    Iam0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have a slightly close issue . My computer is a swift 3 after I did the battery reset the light are totally off but whenever I press and hold for 30s on the power button the light turns on in orange,  pls tell me what's the its problem??
  • billsey
    Options
    @Iam0 do you have exactly the same model Swift 3 as this thread is for? If not you should start your own thread so we can work with you to get it fixed up. Have you tried my previous suggestion?
  • Swetha
    Swetha Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I was watching youtube then my laptop suddenly its freeze. So i turn it off . Now i can't turn it on back and my keyboard keep keep on blinking. I already pressed the power button for 10 secs and 30 secs then wait.. but still not working

• billsey
    Options
    @Swetha do you have exactly the same model Swift 3 as this thread is for? If not you should start your own thread so we can work with you to get it fixed up. Have you tried my previous suggestion?
  • Airajane
    Airajane Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Hello I have the same problem. I tried to turn on my laptop but it wont. I have acer swift 3 SF314-56. 
     I tried pressing the turn on button for more than 30 seconds and tried to click it again after few
    seconds. It didnt work. What should I do?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Airajane,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • ProtonicICE
    ProtonicICE Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I have a swift 3 SF314-57G and I have the same problem I held the power button for 15s and the orange light appears but doesn't turn on (it was unplugged)
  • billsey
    Options
    @ProtonicICE since you have a completely different model, please start a new thread (using the Ask a Question button) and we'll dig into your issue. Include the full model number (SF314-57G-xxxx) what the problem is and what you have tried so far.
  • PeterSleek
    PeterSleek Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi friends. I got an swift SF315-52 - there can be a bigger problem. A month ago it looked like the HDD has some troubles, and when I put it in the service, they told me, that the R/W head is dead. SO I bought a new one - SSD disc. I changed it and... It does not start. The lights under the keyboard goes on, I can hear the cooling vent and the display is black - the light under is on, but it's black. I tried the battery reset - does not work. 
  • Techsupporterproooo
    Techsupporterproooo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Airajane said:
    Hello I have the same problem. I tried to turn on my laptop but it wont. I have acer swift 3 SF314-56. 
     I tried pressing the turn on button for more than 30 seconds and tried to click it again after few
    seconds. It didnt work. What should I do?
    FOR EVERYONE!! I GOT A FIX! When you press the power button the keyboard should light up but  the screen is still black. Press F2,F9,F10 and enter at the same time it should open a settings menu from here press all the way to the right and press the save and shut down i think its called and then your pc shpuld shut down. Then you just have to turn your pc on again and boom it's working again (;
  • PandoraCSW
    PandoraCSW Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same start up problem on my sw3 14-54-552v, already tried the reset battery method and still don’t restart, any advice?
  • billsey
    Options
    @PandoraCSW you should start your own thread for your issue. This thread is over two years old and for a different model. Include the full model number (SW314-54-552V isn't right, maybe SF314?), what you are seeing and what you have tried so far.