Bios grayed out

Options
James_hd
James_hd Member Posts: 6 New User
edited January 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hey guys 
I have a serious problem,I wanted to install a windows from USB ,but it says No bootable Device.i tried to fix it 
But as you can see I can acces to bios but bios grayed out
I didn't have this problem 
Can someone help me or has any idea ,how to solve this problem cause iam a student and I need to work on this PC,I dont have enough money to buy a new one 
Would be very kind of you guys 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    BIOS menu isn't grayed out. If this machine doesn't already have factory-installed Windows, Windows can be installed from GPT partitioned USB stick but can't be activated without a Windows license. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    BIOS menu isn't grayed out. If this machine doesn't already have factory-installed Windows, Windows can be installed from GPT partitioned USB stick but can't be activated without a Windows license. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• James_hd
    Options
    Hi sir 
    I had windows 10
    How can I install it ,when i tried to install from usb ,it didn't work 
    Says (secure boot fail )

• JackE
    Options
    >>>I had windows 10>>>

What operating system does the machine boot into now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• James_hd
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I had windows 10>>>

What operating system does the machine boot into now? Jack E/NJ
    Windows 10 pro 

• James_hd
    Options
    JackE said:
    Well sir 
    I cant modify the options 
    I cant change to legacy in order to fix (no bootable device problem)
  • JackE
    Options
    If you try to install a Windows version on the HDD in legacy mode, Win10 pro and its recovery partition will be destroyed. What Windows version are you trying to install from the USB stick? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• James_hd
    Options
    JackE said:
    If you try to install a Windows version on the HDD in legacy mode, Win10 pro and its recovery partition will be destroyed. What Windows version are you trying to install from the USB stick? Jack E/NJ
    Windows 10 pro (I wanted to install the new version of windows)
    Well I tried to install windows not in legacy mode,but it didn't work 
    After I change bios from legacy mode
    It grayed out  and now I cant change anything 
  • JackE
    Options
    If Win10 Pro is already on the machine and boots into UEFI mode, it can be updated automatically to the new version. You don't have to install the new version from a USB stick. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• James_hd
    Options
    JackE said:
    If Win10 Pro is already on the machine and boots into UEFI mode, it can be updated automatically to the new version. You don't have to install the new version from a USB stick. Jack E/NJ
    Yes sir but now it does not start 
    Can I rest the bios ? 

• JackE
    Options
    The BIOS MUST be in UEFI mode to reset the machine as follows. Press and hold the power button until the machine completely shuts off. Then turn it back on again and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. Follow directions for an erase everything factory reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FrøstBeat
    FrøstBeat Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Dude JACKE I've seen like 5 posts where you post the same video, the problem of the people is with the Bios, not with the windows, those are 2 way different things
  • JackE
    Options
    BIOS must be in UEFI mode, not legacy mode, to use the ALT+F10 factory reset method on a GPT partitioned disk. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ