Helios 300 3.5mm audio jack mic too quiet?

dwwood3
dwwood3 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I just got a Helios 300, and am having trouble with connecting a headset to the 3.5mm plug-in. When I plug in my headset, the volume settings asks me what type of device I just plugged in, I tell it a headset. I can hear audio perfectly, but my microphone does not seem to work correctly. When I go to the audio settings, I can see that it is picking up sound through the microphone, but just BARELY, and only if I speak very loudly with the microphone practically inside my mouth. This is the same with my Apple Airpods, Bose QC-25, and Bose QC-15. I tried boosting the sound level for the microphone, it helped a tiny amount, but it's still not loud enough for games to pick up the sound. Does anyone know what is going on here???

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Without the headset plugged in, right click speaker icon in tray. Click recording devices. Select mic. Select properties. Select levels tab. Are both mic and boost still set to max? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• dwwood3
    This is also true for the built-in microphone, with nothing plugged in, it is barely picking up audio.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Without the headset plugged in, right click speaker icon in tray. Click recording devices. Select mic. Select properties. Select levels tab. Are both mic and boost still set to max? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dwwood3
    Thanks Jack, that seems to have solved the problem! The indicator for volume still shows it's barely picking up my voice, but my friends were able to hear me much better now.