solid state drive bracket help aspire v3-772g-9850

Dman007
Dman007 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an acer aspire v3-772g-9850 laptop and I want to install a ssd in the other slot,  however I can't find one? Please help.  I can find other brackets that go in the dvd drive bay but not a bracket that will fit in the extra drive bay (that is square) that is located on the bottom of the laptop.  I have seen the other posts of others asking the same question and they get a general answer to go to acer store, but no specific locations and brackets are listed.  Please help me find one on Amazon or other dealer that will fit my laptop.  I have looked and looked and I can only find a triangular ssd bracket that only fits in the dvd drive bay.  Thank you for your help. 

Answers

• Hi,
    If you are looking for the 2nd HDD bracket(yellow), the part number is 33.RYNN5.001 and I also couldn't find any retailers having the item, I can only suggest you to contact Acer Support centre in USA, they may be able to find any partner retailer near you, you could also try any local laptop repair shops near you, as a last resort, you may have to use some rubber (packing material) to secure the SSD in the bay, even two small double sided sticky tape would suffice.
    As SSDs don't have moving parts, there won't be any vibrations, so it's quite safe option. 

• Dman007
    edited December 2019
    thanks for the suggestion.......... acer won't help answer a question unless I pay them.  So they won't help answer a question if your laptop is past a certain age...........

• No problem, I think this will give you an idea, get some soft rubber material from local hardware store, it's the easy option.

• Dman007
    looks like I am going to have to "jerry rig" something to hold it in place........... thanks again
  • LISZT
    LISZT Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi Iam sure the rubber answer would work, but I did actually get a bracket from Germany on Amazon, just enter code 

Acer 33.GG2N7.003 

about£18 pricey enough for what it is though
  • LISZT
    LISZT Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi sorry about my previous post got the the laptops mixed up mine was an es1 132 apologies for mix up