Acer Aspire 5735 bios update method

Brand
Brand Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys do you know the exact procedure I have to follow in order to flash the bios on this laptop?

No chances to flash 1.08 or 1.10 on windows (both 10 and vista) cos I get a wdm error. 

I wanted to try the dos boot usb trick with the crisis tool and the wph file but I can't  find anything related to this specific model.

The only thing I know is that the 1.10 zip file I got from the acer support ftp website contains both the rom and the wph files. As well as the phlash utility.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening Brand !

Firstly, what is the need to upgrade to Bios?
    Bios upgrades are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or extreme need for correction or compatibility.
    Other than that this is a process that should be avoided as much as possible, especially if your machine is working perfectly.

Bios updates are only provided to run via .EXE on the operating system.
    Files no longer support USB flash upgrade.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Brand
    MaClane said:
    Good evening Brand !

Firstly, what is the need to upgrade to Bios?
    Bios upgrades are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or extreme need for correction or compatibility.
    Other than that this is a process that should be avoided as much as possible, especially if your machine is working perfectly.

Bios updates are only provided to run via .EXE on the operating system.
    Files no longer support USB flash upgrade.

Hello :) if you download version 1.10 from the acer ftp website

ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/Archiv/notebook/aspire_5735/vista/Bios/v1.10.zip

and extract it, you'll find both the exes (32 and 64 bit) and rom+wph files with phlash utility. So, in a 10 years old machine, I think that updating in dos from a USB stick might be a possibility. 

And since for me there is no way to flash the bios iniwindows for some unknown reasons, I am forced to flash it in dos mode. 

I just want to flash it because of a little ram issue I'm hoping to solve :)

That is why I'm asking which is the right procedure to perform a bios update thru dos for this specific model :)
  • Brand
    @MaClane I just wanted to let you know that, following a procedure I found in an old topic in another forum, I was able to flash version 1.10 of the bios. 

Now windows can see and use the whole 6 GB of RAM I installed :) 
  • EGIANNI69
    EGIANNI69 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hello! Can you tell me what is this procedure you followed? Thanks in advance:)