Acer Predator Helios 300 Vertical Line on LCD

Kruizer
Kruizer Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have recently bought a Acer Helios Predator (PH-315-52-78VL) and used it for a week. Recently, I left the laptop in Sleep modefor about a day, when I opened the lid a vertical line of dead/stuck pixels appeared right in the middle of the LCD (The line is Directly between the webcam and the D & A on the PREDATOR logo badge).

So far I have tried a dead pixel screen fixer on YouTube that plays a video and flashes multiple colors on the screen. The problem as solved for a day but when I went to work the next day with the laptop I realised that the same line has reappeared.
I have tried the dead pixel screen fixer again and left it on for a few nights when the laptop was not in use but the line still stayed.
I am wondering if the LCD is damaged or is it a connection problem. I have tried squeezing different points around the screen but to no prevail. My next step is to take off the bezel and check the connection behind the screen. The laptop is still brand new and I have it for less than 2 weeks. I haven't dropped the laptop but it gets shaken up a bit sometimes when driving to work. I live in the Caribbean so claiming warranty and sending back the laptop would be expensive.

Answers