Update bios or not 515-54-70hc ?

neoeinz
neoeinz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi.

Do you think its any sense update bios my Nitro 5. Already i have V1,01 06,03,2019

My model is:

Nitro 5 515-54-70HC
NHQ5BEP044

Br.
Martin

Best Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    If you don't encounter any issues with the current BIOS(e.g system freezes, unexpected restarts) I wouldn't advice you to update.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    If your system works without any issues and the updates are irrelevant to you, I would suggest you to leave as it is because in some cases newer BIOS fared worse than older BIOS for some members in the past.

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I don't think the high temperature during games will be reduced by BIOS update, you could try undervolting and/or repasting the CPU might reduce the temperatures, anyway, please wait for replies from someone more familiar with gaming for further advice.
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    You can check the temperatures from NitroSense. If it doesn't rise above 90C for the CPU and 85C for the GPU, then it is fine.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Answers

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    If you don't encounter any issues with the current BIOS(e.g system freezes, unexpected restarts) I wouldn't advice you to update.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    If your system works without any issues and the updates are irrelevant to you, I would suggest you to leave as it is because in some cases newer BIOS fared worse than older BIOS for some members in the past.

• neoeinz
    neoeinz Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited December 2019
    Yes, for now i dont have any problem. 

But I just need to check my temperature while playing.  From what I remember when playing Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts I had 80-90.  My last laptop was core2duo :) so now I do not know what the temperature should be during the game
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I don't think the high temperature during games will be reduced by BIOS update, you could try undervolting and/or repasting the CPU might reduce the temperatures, anyway, please wait for replies from someone more familiar with gaming for further advice.
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    You can check the temperatures from NitroSense. If it doesn't rise above 90C for the CPU and 85C for the GPU, then it is fine.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system