Changing Boot Order PH315-52

AllMyShipsSink
AllMyShipsSink Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am trying to install a Crucial MX300 500gb SSD in my Helios 300 (PH315-52).  The SSD is out of my last laptop and I have reformatted it and every time I try to install it all it does is boot loop.  I can't seem to find how to change the boot order in the BIOS(v1.08).  What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Turn off the notebook and unplug the power adapter. Then press the power button for ten seconds to reset the rtc battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,731 Pathfinder
    I am trying to install a Crucial MX300 500gb SSD in my Helios 300 (PH315-52).  The SSD is out of my last laptop and I have reformatted it and every time I try to install it all it does is boot loop.  I can't seem to find how to change the boot order in the BIOS(v1.08).  What am I doing wrong?
    Did you try setting boot order in BIOS? How are you trying to install? Are you doing a clean install using a Windows 10 install USB?
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • AllMyShipsSink

Tinkerer

Did you try setting boot order in BIOS? How are you trying to install? Are you doing a clean install using a Windows 10 install USB?
    I can't find the boot order in the bios.  I am booting off of the factory installed m.2 256gb and plan to keep it that way. I'm just trying to install the SSD for programs, music and movies that don't need to be accessed quickly.
  • In my opinion, you should install windows on ssd and leave hdd for backup only. If you haven't formatted hdd yet, check this out:
    https://youtu.be/cCmAOwRYNwY
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AllMyShipsSink

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    In my opinion, you should install windows on ssd and leave hdd for backup only. If you haven't formatted hdd yet, check this out:
    https://youtu.be/cCmAOwRYNwY
    I am not using an HDD.  My computer has three storage options:
    2.5 SSD(what I am trying to use for MX300 as music and junk drive)
    2X m.2 drives only one of which is currrently used(256gb m.2 nvme install from the factory and which is the boot drive)

I just can't find how to change the boot order in BIOS. For some reason when I boot after putting the SSD in it tries to boot from it and just boot loops.  I cannot enter bios when the SSD is installed.

• Can you enter the exact model? Example ph315-52-75de. In addition, the first slot accepts only nvme while the second slot accepts both sata 3 and nvme:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AllMyShipsSink

Tinkerer

Can you enter the exact model? Example ph315-52-75de. In addition, the first slot accepts only nvme while the second slot accepts both sata 3 and nvme:

PH315-52-78VL
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Turn off the notebook and unplug the power adapter. Then press the power button for ten seconds to reset the rtc battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AllMyShipsSink

Tinkerer

Muito obrigado de um gringo casado com um brasileiro. Eu direi graças a você enquanto come picanha hoje à noite.
  • De nada minha amiga!
    You are welcome my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer