Charging LED blinking (orange) and laptop not charging.

Hooman
Hooman Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
today i noticed that my nitro 5 battery is draining with the charger plugged.i tried to unplug and plugging it again.battery stopped draining but it's stuck at 3% battery and not charging up.
also the charger LED on the side of the laptop keeps blinking it orange while the charger is connected.
i read the other threats with same issues and tried everything that was recommended including battery reset and waiting for 15-20 mins , uninstalling the options under "batteries" in device manager , and checking my battery status in acer care center which was "good" and the issue still remains so i decided to make my own threat if there's anything else that i could try to solve this.
i can use my laptop with charger plugged like it's a stationary computer , but unplugging the charger will only drain my battery to lower % . 
i'd like to add that i never play game on battery and my charger is plugged most of the times.

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Considering all that you have tried it is probably only one of two things, so by a process of elimination it is either the Battery or Charger.
    Your Charger is probably good because your battery is only at 3% but you can continue using your laptop when plugged in. This leaves us with a bad battery that is not taking a charge regardless of whether it's indicated status is "Good". If you are still under warranty contact Acer support for a battery replacement, if no warranty you will have to buy a battery.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/#_ga=2.178343012.1565315166.1568641242-218381942.1567545004

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers