AN515-53 Spark on Plugging Battery.

Hooman
Hooman Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Today when i tried to Turn the Power strip on , which has the charger attached to it , circuit Breaker triggered  and cut the house's power.i thought it may be something with the power strip and moved on.
Later today in the evening i heard a noise from the socket where i plug charger to the laptop and it turned off and i couldn't Turn on the lap top , power button didn't do anything for about 5 mins , till it worked again and my laptop ran without any issues.want to mention that the charger wasn't charging the laptop During that 5 mins , the LED wasn't lighted up.

after 5 minutes i managed to turn the laptop on , tried to plug the charger , and nothing happened , when i tried to unplug and Plugging it in the socket again , i clearly heard sparks in it.

now both laptop and charger working well , but i'm afraid of future issues.

would love any advice and suggestions about the reason of this problem and preventing further dangerous issues.

Nitro AN515-53 

Processor : inter core i5-8300H Cpu

Memory : 8gb RAM

Gpu : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 / Inter UHD graphics 630

also now that i'm asking a question, i'd like to know How to find out if my laptop has the latest Graphics Driver installed and if not , how do i update it?

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    NEVER plug a computer directly into a wall socket. ALWAYS use a reputable name brand Surge Protector that is specifically designed for Laptop protection. You are very lucky that you didn't fry your Motherboard. Electric supplies can have power surges due to many factors

To update your Graphic card driver go here
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us#

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    NEVER plug a computer directly into a wall socket. ALWAYS use a reputable name brand Surge Protector that is specifically designed for Laptop protection. You are very lucky that you didn't fry your Motherboard. Electric supplies can have power surges due to many factors

To update your Graphic card driver go here
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us#

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★