I have two different Serial Numbers in my TravelMate TMP-449 G2 M and no SNID in S/N detection tool

a_0vi
a_0vi Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited April 23 in 2019 Archives
i've purchased it on 24 December 2019, after i brought it home, i've noticed that there are two stickers with Serial number, one looks more authentic and official, while the other looks less official.

1) i've checked my serial numbers from BIOS, Acer S/N Detection Tool and Acer ControlCenter; all of these will show the Serial number which is located in the less official sticker.

2) i can't find my SNID neither in the detection tool nor in the Acer ControlCenter, it's just blank!

3) none of the serial numbers or SNIDs mentioned above doesn't work in Acer warranty check in the website.

what can be a proper explanation about this?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Open the elevated command prompt. Enter 'wmic bios get serialnumber'. The result is the machine's serial number id (SNID). Enter 'wmic os get serialnumber'. The result is the OEM Win10 license number.

Jack E/NJ

• a_0vi
    edited December 2019
    JackE said:
    Open the elevated command prompt. Enter 'wmic bios get serialnumber'. The result is the machine's serial number id (SNID). Enter 'wmic os get serialnumber'. The result is the OEM Win10 license number.

that shows the same serial number as mentioned in the serial number detection tool.
    But it still doesn't show any SNID (serial number and SNID are different things AFAIK)

also i need a proper explanation about why i my laptop has two Stickers containing serial number, one is from india and other is from China. the one from india matches the Serial number in the process you mentioned

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

• a_0vi
    @JackE i couldn't register my product with the main Serial number (showed in cmd prompt as well as the indian sticker) as the acer server couldn't find anything with this serial number, so instead, i registered it with the chinese Serial number that doesn't match with cmd prompt's/detection tool's/BIOS's serial number.
  • JackE
    >>>i registered it with the chinese Serial number>>>

SNID means Serial Number IDentification. Was this SNID successful in registering the product? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• a_0vi
    JackE said:
    >>>i registered it with the chinese Serial number>>>

SNID means Serial Number IDentification. Was this SNID successful in registering the product? Jack E/NJ

@JackE   i've registered the product with the chinese Serial Number. But now that you've mentioned, i tried to register it with the chinese SNID. But it shows that  this SNID is already registered, that means both the Serial number and SNID of the Chinese Sticker is authentic.

But,when i try to register with the INDIAN sticker's serial number and SNID, it shows that "The serial number is not valid".

But, it is the Indian Sticker's serial number that matches with "wmic bios get serialnumber" command's serial number and not the Chinese one's; though indian serial number is not found in Acer website.

(there are some pictures in above comment related to this topic)
  • JackE
    >>>i tried to register it with the chinese SNID. But it shows that  this SNID is already registered,>>>
    >>>Indian Sticker's serial number that matches with "wmic bios get serialnumber">>> indian serial number is not found in Acer website.

Who was the vendor? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• a_0vi
    JackE said:
    >>>i tried to register it with the chinese SNID. But it shows that  this SNID is already registered,>>>
    >>>Indian Sticker's serial number that matches with "wmic bios get serialnumber">>> indian serial number is not found in Acer website.

Who was the vendor? Jack E/NJ

@JackE Local distributor named Global Brand PVT Ltd. Bangladesh. (https://globalbrand.com.bd/)

• JackE
    Did GlobalBrand sell it as a new or refurbished laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• a_0vi
    JackE said:
    Did GlobalBrand sell it as a new or refurbished laptop? Jack E/NJ

new @JackE