cannot get usb from canon mg2120 printer to fit into usbs on aspire 5

Options
qtrhorselady
qtrhorselady Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The usb cable will not fit into aspire 5 from a canon mg2120.  What should I do?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    What does the connector on the computer end of the cable look like (Google USB-A, USB-B and USB-C)? Which Aspire 5 do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • qtrhorselady
    Options
    I have a Aspire 515.  The usb fit a gateway and is 1/2" by 1/2" by 3/16" thick.  Thanks
  • billsey
    Options
    A515-xxx-xxxx should be the model number. I'll look at A515-51, since that seems to be pretty popular... On that model there is a USB-C and a USB 3.0 on the left side and two USB 2.0 ports on the right side. On the A515-52, which is a bit newer, the ports are shifted around, but still the same. Newer yet might be an A515-54, it has a USB-C, two USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 port. Any of the USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports will work for you, the USB-C would require an adapter.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • qtrhorselady
    Options
    There is a USB port on the left side, b u t, wont fit my printer.  Is there a way to get a converter jack?  I have a acer aspire, A515-54.  What size usb do I need?   thanks for your help!
  • billsey
    Options
    You should use one of the USB 2.0 ports unless they're already being used by an external keyboard and mouse, in which case you should use the USB 3.0 port instead.
    On the printer the cable end should fit into a jack that looks like this left image, the computer side should look like the right image:

The computer should look like this on the right side:
    Number 2 is where the printer should plug in.