Unable to boot my acer aspire gx 781

Chris90907688
Chris90907688 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hello everyone. The problem I’m currently dealing with is that my pc wont turn on. I’ve tried turning it on multiple times but the only thing happening when I press the power button is that the fans are making noise as well as some colors on the computer lights on. It seems that my computer doesn’t get enough power to start up. I tried to reboot it all by turning off my computer and pushing the power button for 30 seconds and then plugging it all in. After this my pc started working again but only for a couple of days. Then it Stopped and it hasn’t worked since. What should I do? The computer itself isn’t more than a year old and I haven’t had any other problems with it

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    I assume you've tried the press and hold the power for 30 seconds to verify it's not stuck in a sleep mode. If you are still under the warranty period it wouldn't hurt to start a ticket with Acer support. Even if we get it working it's be nice to lock that warranty in. So, have you verified the video cable is seated good on each end? If you've been moving things around it's not unusual for one end to pull loose, and that would give you a blank screen even with everything else running fine. Do you have a graphics card on yours? If so can you test with a different output? When you turn your monitor on do you get it's splash screen displayed? How about the on screen menu? If those are both showing up it's less likely that the monitor is the culprit. Can you boot into the BIOS menu?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Raymondih
    Raymondih Member Posts: 1 New User

That’s the same thing that is happening with my computer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Rather than camping out on a three year old thread, please start a new one. Include your full model number (such as GX-781-xxxx, it's usually on the same sticker as the serial number), what you are seeing and what you have tried so far.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.