How can i sort out my lag on my Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51?

DJSHXJ
DJSHXJ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, my Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51 is running into a few issues while playing many games such as GTA V and Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare (Multiplayer Only). I believe this is because of the ram that I have which was included with the Laptop (8 GB), but I am not that experienced in gaming pcs and laptops. Please, could you suggest the best upgrade I could to for a decent price and if it is something else please also suggest what I can do. Thanks.

Best Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    This is probably not related to your laptop. Online gaming can be affected by many things including busy Game Servers and Bottlenecking, causing Lag and stuttering. If you don't experience any problems when gaming offline then it is not your laptop

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    The online gaming can usually be fixed by visiting the games support site. However let's make sure your GPU is set up correctly

Make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in your Windows Power plan select High Performance when on AC and in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

Please click YES if I answer your question, thankyou

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and click Manage 3d settings tab, then click the Global Settings tab and change Preferred Graphics processor from Auto select to your Nvidia GPU, do this by clicking the downward arrow to the right of Auto Select and select the Nvidia GPU. Then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the Set PhysX Configuration tab

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    This is probably not related to your laptop. Online gaming can be affected by many things including busy Game Servers and Bottlenecking, causing Lag and stuttering. If you don't experience any problems when gaming offline then it is not your laptop

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• DJSHXJ
    andylb said:
    Hi, What should I do to try and solve this problem? And when playing GTA V, the singleplayer also has lag spikes quite frequently. Please suggest what I could do for both of these problems. Thanks
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    The online gaming can usually be fixed by visiting the games support site. However let's make sure your GPU is set up correctly

Make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in your Windows Power plan select High Performance when on AC and in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

Please click YES if I answer your question, thankyou

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and click Manage 3d settings tab, then click the Global Settings tab and change Preferred Graphics processor from Auto select to your Nvidia GPU, do this by clicking the downward arrow to the right of Auto Select and select the Nvidia GPU. Then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the Set PhysX Configuration tab

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    And it wouldn't hurt to upgrade your RAM to 8 x 8gb for 16gb total. Below link is to matching RAM for your model, although you have a 2666mhz installed it only operates at 2400 so this 2400mhz is a good match, write down the part number and buy it from Amazon
    https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/nitro-5-an515-51/CT12142095

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• DJSHXJ
    andylb said:
    And it wouldn't hurt to upgrade your RAM to 8 x 8gb for 16gb total. Below link is to matching RAM for your model, although you have a 2666mhz installed it only operates at 2400 so this 2400mhz is a good match, write down the part number and buy it from Amazon
    https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/nitro-5-an515-51/CT12142095
    okay ill look into it. A question though.
    the website says that the ram is for the AN515-51, whereas i have the AN517-51, would it still work?
  • andylb
    Yes it's the same RAM, part number 

CT8G4SFS824A

updated link below
    https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/nitro-an517-51/CT14909092

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★