AN515-42 Sound Driver

rogacz
rogacz Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Anyone know when Acer release new drivers to that laptop?
On site i see driver from 2018. On Realtek site that same. Why? Because Realtek move drivers to windows store, create app and just update all drivers, but Acer do a misstake and i cant update drivers on AN515-42 using that app.

@Acer any realistic time? 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    rogacz said:
    Anyone know when Acer release new drivers to that laptop?
    On site i see driver from 2018. On Realtek site that same. Why? Because Realtek move drivers to windows store, create app and just update all drivers, but Acer do a misstake and i cant update drivers on AN515-42 using that app.

@Acer any realistic time? 
    Go to device Manager and update the Realtek driver from there and it will update to the latest driver from Realtek

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• rogacz

Tinkerer

Really sorry but that is not a answer...
    1. I still cant use realtek audio console to get new driver.
    2. I lost all enhancement with drivers from original package.
    3. Date from that driver is a 26.02.2019 when new driver have a less than month.

So i still wait for proper answer, or help from Acer :) 

PS: Music without enhancements hear terible.
  • rogacz

Tinkerer

For better explanation - version from windows update: 6.0.1.8644
    Latest version: 6.0.8867.1
  • andylb
    edited December 2019
    rogacz said:
    Really sorry but that is not a answer...
    1. I still cant use realtek audio console to get new driver.
    2. I lost all enhancement with drivers from original package.
    3. Date from that driver is a 26.02.2019 when new driver have a less than month.

So i still wait for proper answer, or help from Acer :) 

PS: Music without enhancements hear terible.

I am sorry but it is the correct answer, it may not be the answer that you wanted and more recent drivers may exist but are not suitable for your system. Manufacturers including Acer often have system specific 3rd party hardware and drivers. using the method above installs the best driver for your specific system which does not always mean it is the latest driver release from Realtek. You cannot use the Realtek update system because the drivers are not suitable for your build, so you must use the official Acer drivers or Device manager to update
    I have your exact same model and it comes with Dolby Audio Control center for sound enhancement, equalizer etc..

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• rogacz

Tinkerer

Its not a correct answer :) I still have 1 year guarantee for my Nitro5 so i still must get updates for them.
    So:
    1. Sound card and driver for them is a part of that.
    2. New driver to sound card improve stability of system, and with them OS use less CPU for "create" music.

In sum correct answer be: "Sorry bro, i dont have answer in my notes, but i write to someone with higher position in Acer and back with new drivers :) 
  • rogacz

Tinkerer

That words show you dont know anything about Realtek and Acer drivers :D 
    "You cannot use the Realtek update system because the drivers are not suitable for your build, so you must use the official Acer drivers or Device manager to update"

Acer don't speak with Realtek about create new drivers for older cards. New Nitro with Ryzen 3500 have a normal drivers from Realtek update. 
    Is a Acer duty for give clients new drivers.
  • andylb
    edited December 2019
    Dolby audio from my AN515-42 and I think we might be losing something in the English translation. Please also remember that this Forum is not an official Acer support site, it is a community of users trying to help each other and we do not work for Acer

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• rogacz

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    andylb said:
    ...Please also remember that this Forum is not an official Acer support site, it is a community of users trying to help each other and we do not work for Acer

And that is a mistake for me :)

But i discovery quick fix which work with newest drivers. And tomorrow i start attack Acer support to get normal drivers.

1. Download original drivers from Acer site.
    2. Download https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-universal-audio-driver and https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic/releases
    3. Unzip both packages from 2 point to one folder.
    4. Disable internet connection (best option is unplug lan cable or turn off router).
    5. Delete all realtek sound drivers what you can find on OS. Restart
    6. Install original old driver. Restart (Still without internet).
    7. After system start try update driver but select second option "Check my pc to search driver" focus on folder from 3 point.
    8. Restart, set options in Dolby Audio what is necessary.
    9. Profit you get newest possible drivers :) 

• andylb
    I like it  =)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★