My Acer Predator desktop is just blinking red light and won' turn on! Help

Options
Wolfgod74
Wolfgod74 Member Posts: 4 New User
My Acer Predator desktop is just blinking red light. It won't power on when pressing the power button. I shut it down properly yesterday and today it won't turn on. Checked wires, different outlet, unplugged power from motherboard. How can I check if the power supply is bad? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    First make sure you are not just stuck in a sleep mode. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then release the button, that should force a full power down. You should be able to just start it normally if it was a sleep issue. If it's still not working we can try bleeding residual power from the PSU. Unplug the power completely then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. That forces the PSU to bleed off all power from the capacitors. Plug things back in and try again. If it still fails open the side up and watch the CPU fan when you try to turn it on. Does it try to spin at all?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Oilstar
    Oilstar Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Sorry for reviving this dead thread but this issue has been happening to me. My Predator G3's red light is flashing red, I can hear the fans trying to start but then stops as soon as the red light turns off. I tried bleeding the power but its not fixing anything. Please help quickly as I need this for online learning due to covid.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Oilstar please start a new thread for your issue, you will get a lot more people seeing it if you aren't camped out on an old one... Be sure to include the full model number (should be G3-xxx-xxxx), what you are experiencing and what you have tried so far. Do you see the Acer splash screen when you first turn it on? Do you hear any beep codes during POST? Does the Windows juggling balls get started?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.