Acer Predator Helios 500 - (Predator PH517-61) Voice Chat Not Working In Video Games

Nazir
Nazir Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good morning everyone... I recently purchased the Acer Predator Helios 500 (Predator PH517-61) and everything has been going well until I tried to play steam games online. For some reason I can not Voice Chat within games. I can hear people, but I can not talk to them. I know you guys are going to ask me what Headset Im using. But Im hear to say, "My Headset with Mic is compatible with the Laptop." Also when im not in a game the microphone on the headset works. I have tried different Multiplayer games, and its the same thing, I cant not use voice chat.  I have tried everything, Including Resetting Router and Internet. Lastly this does not happen on any other Laptop or PC in my house but this one.

Can someone please help me with this issue.

Comments

• jakesu11y
    jakesu11y Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    It's likely a setting somewhere...if the mic works, then it will work in game regardless of the laptop it's connected to. You might dig around in the Waves MaxxAudio app/program if that is installed on yours. I had trouble (audio echo) when using that app. Removed it and using all windows for audio in/out and things have been better since. 
  • Nazir
    Nazir Member Posts: 5 New User
    jakesu11y said:
    It's likely a setting somewhere...if the mic works, then it will work in game regardless of the laptop it's connected to. You might dig around in the Waves MaxxAudio app/program if that is installed on yours. I had trouble (audio echo) when using that app. Removed it and using all windows for audio in/out and things have been better since. 
    Thank you kind sir, im going to try this now. I cant believe they released this Laptop with all these audio issues.
  • jakesu11y
    jakesu11y Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Nazir said:
    jakesu11y said:
    Thank you kind sir, im going to try this now. I cant believe they released this Laptop with all these audio issues.
    The audio physically placed on the laptop is brilliant. That Waves app however, it's given me fits. I removed it altogether and have been very happy ever since. Windows is actually pretty good at handling audio nowadays. :)

Let me know what happens.