Nitro 5 AN515-54 WiFi and Ethernet Disconnects

Motux
Motux Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives

I have a problem with my laptop where the both the WiFi and Ethernet stops working for bit. At first I thought this was with WiFi only, I looked for a solution and i tried updating the driver for it and turning off the power save feature in Device Manager, at first I thought it worked because the task bar icon stopped showing it had been disconnected however when on a website or on steam it would show it was disconnected and would only go back online once I manually disconnect it and reconnect it. I decided to get an Ethernet cable and see if that would work and it worked for a while but the same thing happened again and it shows its connected but things like steam would show i'm disconnected, I would get disconnected from online games and videos on YouTube would start to buffer. Again I tried to update the driver for the Ethernet but nothing happened. No other device has this problem with the WiFi or the Ethernet, so I would assume that its a problem with the laptop and not my router. Anyone got any solutions as this is quite frustrating.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019
    Hi @Motux
    Control Panel>- Internet Connections">select properties>select sharing>check the allow other network to connect through this pc.
  • Motux

Tinkerer

Tom2019 said:
    Hi @Motux
    Control Panel>- Internet Connections">select properties>select sharing>check the allow other network to connect through this pc.
    I've tried this before but it doesn't seem to work unfortunately 
  • Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Motux

Tried to uninstall the driver from device manger and reinstall the drivers from Acer website :- http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ select your country and enter the Serial number or Snid and download the network drivers.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • Motux

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    Tom2019 said:
    Hi @Motux

Tried to uninstall the driver from device manger and reinstall the drivers from Acer website :- http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ select your country and enter the Serial number or Snid and download the network drivers.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
    I've tried reinstalling the drivers but still no change, still having the disconnect issues. I tried to install the drivers off the Acer website but they fail to install. I also tried uninstalling the driver then clicking on "scan for hardware changes" to reinstall them