Headphone Audio Driver - Acer Swift3 SF315-52

tucsonlaptop1
tucsonlaptop1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a new Acer Swift3 SF315-52 laptop; the speakers work fine but I get no sound out of headphones when I plug them in.
Under "Audio Inputs and Outputs", it shows "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio (SST))" installed (version 10.0.18362.1); the icon shows "Speakers" and not "Speakers/Headphones".  Intel Microphone Array and Realtek Stereo Mix software are also shown.
Under  "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", it shows "Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)" installed (version 6.0.1.8555); again there is no mention of headphones.  Intel Display Audio and Intel Smart Sound Technology software are also shown.
Device status shows all 6 programs are working properly.
Do I need to download a driver specific to headphones or a driver for "speakers/headphones", and if so, from where?  Do I need to disable or uninstall any of the above?

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @tucsonlaptop1
    Go to Control Panel > Relatek HD audio Manager.
    Then, you check the Disable front panel jack detection option, under connector settings in the right side panel.
     The headphones and other audio devices work without any issues.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • tucsonlaptop1
    "Go to Control Panel > Relatek HD audio Manager"
    I don't have that specific option. 
    Do you mean Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Manage Audio Devices?
    If I do that, on the "Playback" tab, I see the "Speakers" icon for Realtek High Definition Audio (SST), which is selected as the default device.  I don't see any option for "disable front panel jack".  If I select Speakers Properties, it shows Jack Information, with Analog Jack selected.  I do have the option of disabling this device.  Is this what you are suggesting?

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @tucsonlaptop1

try to Disable front panel jack to check if headset is working?
  • tucsonlaptop1
    I don't have the option to disable the front panel jack.  See my response above.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    I also have a Swift 3, although a different model than yours. Each time I plugged a set of headphones it I get a little popup asking if it is a headset, speaker out or headphone. I leave it as the default (Headset) and click OK. When I go into Sound Settings I'm still only presented with the one output device, Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio), but sound plays though the headset just fine. Are you seeing any of that process? Is there any chance the plug isn't getting fully seated in the jack? Do your headphones have a mic? Do you know which pinout is used on your plug, there are two different standards...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.