Aspire 5253 Windows 7

Benfica
Benfica Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
 Cursors are moving all over without touch. I already updated the Mouse and keyboard drivers but the problem still. What should I do? Thank you

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Benfica
    1. Open Charms Bar by moving your mouse cursor to top-right or bottom-right corner of screen and then click on Settings option.

2. Now click on "Change PC settings" option given at the bottom.

3. It'll open Metro Control Panel or PC Settings page. Now go to "PC and devices -> Mouse and touchpad".

4. Now you just need to change the value of "To help prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type, change the delay before clicks work" option. First change its value to "No delay (always on)". If it doesn't work for you, try to change its value to "Long delay".

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    @Benfica check to see if anything is interfering with your touchpad. You can get phantom clicks and mouse moves if there's something pushing up from below or from contaminants on the surface. You can also see it if the sensitivity is set a bit too high, the thumb movements over the touchpad while typing can be interpreted as touches. I don't believe any of the Aspire 5253 models came with  touch screen so at least you don't have to worry about it acting up. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Benfica
    Benfica Member Posts: 2 New User
    Tom2019 Are these instructions right for my machine? Because I can`t open Charms Bar. Nether the combination Wind+C. This combination shows the Magnifier. Best
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Those instructions assume Windows 8 or 8.1...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.