Recertified PH315-52-78VL has 91C CPU while gaming. 2019 heat management tips? Am I undervolted?

Temujin241
Temujin241 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi kind folks,

Just got a PH315-52-78VL (i7/1660Ti). Updated to most recent NVidia and Intel drivers, as well as newest version of Windows 10.

Played some Borderlands 2 last night for several hours and noticed that my CPU was at 91C virtually the whole time. I was in a 67F room and had CoolBoost on. I haven't yet tried a more CPU/GPU demanding game yet.

Any tips on managing heat for the 2019 edition? Is there a way to check to make sure I am still undervolted? 

Answers

• belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Undervolt you can see on HWinfo app, if you have PredatorSense you automatically has undervolt at -.125
    Your problem is mechanical with cooling system most probably 
  • Temujin241

Tinkerer

belik said:
    Undervolt you can see on HWinfo app, if you have PredatorSense you automatically has undervolt at -.125
    Thank you, belik. Where would I look in HWinfo to determine the undervolting?
  • belik
    belik said:

• belik
    edited December 2019
    And this is my temps playing doom 2016, in average it is 82-84 on CPU and around 74 on GPU

With vulkan engine I have constant 144 fps 

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    Temujin241 follow this if you want to undervolt it further also if optimizing windows/undervolting doenst work only solution its to repaste it with kryonaut or similar

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Temujin241

Tinkerer

belik said:
    belik said:

Thank you for that screenshot! Completely new to this program--would you be willing to share the step by step to get to there?
  • BigBeans
    BigBeans Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hi kind folks,

Just got a PH315-52-78VL (i7/1660Ti). Updated to most recent NVidia and Intel drivers, as well as newest version of Windows 10.

Played some Borderlands 2 last night for several hours and noticed that my CPU was at 91C virtually the whole time. I was in a 67F room and had CoolBoost on. I haven't yet tried a more CPU/GPU demanding game yet.

Any tips on managing heat for the 2019 edition? Is there a way to check to make sure I am still undervolted? 
    I have the same model and have noticed the same temp issue, about 90* sometimes, also my laptop doesn't get great fps, less than average for example in csgo I get 30-80fps less then other peoples benchmarks and in fortnite I stay 30-60 fps out of the other users benchmarks, I'm just curious if you have the same issue
  • Temujin241

Tinkerer

BigBeans said:
    Hi kind folks,

I have the same model and have noticed the same temp issue, about 90* sometimes, also my laptop doesn't get great fps, less than average for example in csgo I get 30-80fps less then other peoples benchmarks and in fortnite I stay 30-60 fps out of the other users benchmarks, I'm just curious if you have the same issue
    Is yours also recertified?
  • belik
    edited December 2019
    Run aida64 cpu+mem+gpu stress test for 15 min and write down your temperatures, if it is much higher than on the screenshot below - yuo may want a repaste  =)