Nitro 5 issue after windows updates (Avanced Micro Devices display update)

dhanangaprl9
dhanangaprl9 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have updated my radeon software to the latest version Adrenalin 2020. Today my windows automatically update display driver (actually based on the version the display is downgraded, like before i have version 26 and the update 25. wth!?), its make my radeon software didnt work. It say software and driver do not match. I got this issue fixed by manually change the registry. But, one fixed another one comes out. Guess what... Radeon Software revert back to 2019 version. I didnt know if this just the app or the whole driver. Please someone give me a clue. how to revert back my radeon software to version 2020?

Best Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,652 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    I have updated my radeon software to the latest version Adrenalin 2020. Today my windows automatically update display driver (actually based on the version the display is downgraded, like before i have version 26 and the update 25. wth!?), its make my radeon software didnt work. It say software and driver do not match. I got this issue fixed by manually change the registry. But, one fixed another one comes out. Guess what... Radeon Software revert back to 2019 version. I didnt know if this just the app or the whole driver. Please someone give me a clue. how to revert back my radeon software to version 2020?
    Don't worry yesterday this happened with me also.

1) Download new amd radeon software  2020 latest edition from amd driver official site after download don't open follow my bellow steps first

Then uninstall the amd radeon software then restart your system
    2)After reset go to device manager (right on click my pc then go to manage select device manager in system tools) then expand display Adapter uninstall both vega 8 and rx560x graphics one by one then simply run you new Amd radeon software 2020 edition to install then restart you system again .
    This will fix your issue after this you can check window update 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • dhanangaprl9
    Answer ✓

1) Download new amd radeon software  2020 latest edition from amd driver official site after download don't open follow my bellow steps first

2)After reset go to device manager (right on click my pc then go to manage select device manager in system tools) then expand display Adapter uninstall both vega 8 and rx560x graphics one by one then simply run you new Amd radeon software 2020 edition to install then restart you system again .
    Yeah, I was triying to find if there's a way to fixed without uninstall. But, looks like there wasn't.

Just uninstalled the whole driver with DDU (can be done by amd utility too which simple than manually uninstall i think). I was used it earlier, lot of times tbh. Then install amd driver again, thank god i still have the file so no need to download. it fixed the problem now. thanks for your answer.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,652 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓

• dhanangaprl9
    Answer ✓

Yeah, I was triying to find if there's a way to fixed without uninstall. But, looks like there wasn't.

Just uninstalled the whole driver with DDU (can be done by amd utility too which simple than manually uninstall i think). I was used it earlier, lot of times tbh. Then install amd driver again, thank god i still have the file so no need to download. it fixed the problem now. thanks for your answer.
  • dhanangaprl9
    edited December 2019
    I've found that the display update always show up. Whenever installed, the problem will appear again. So, i gooling it and actually there's a way to hide the update with this tool http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab Open the program then follow the option to hide the specified update. The update will not shown anymore.

So, guys if you got a display driver update while you are running on latest AMD Adrenalin 2020 use the tool.
  • well i was lil bit wrong. Technically we can roll-back the driver update. But, im not sure.
    Yes,but installing again more secure