Please help

123Beracca
123Beracca Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have a acer aspire all in one I moved the computer to make room in my office and when I went to plug it back in none of my usb ports are working and therefore I cannot access my computer because it doesn't have the ps2 ports only usb and the pc starts right up and goes to sign in screen and there I am stuck due to not being able to use the mouse or keyboard via usb and I already tried the mouse and kb on another pc and they work fine please help 

Answers

• Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    123Beracca.. Please follow the steps which has been given below

1. Turn off your computer and remove all the external devices which is connected to the computer including the power cable
    2. Without the power cable please press and hold the power button for 10 seconds then release it..
    3. Insert the power cable and the keyboard then turn on the computer and immediately tap delete key which will take you in to bios screen.. If it takes's  in to bios screen then do a bios default's by pressing a f9 and press f10 for save and exit.. It will restart and takes you in to login screen
    4. Try to enter the password in login screen and if id didn't works go to step 5
    5. In login screen on the bottom right corner navigate to ease of access - select on screen keyboard and try to enter the password through on screen keyboard
    6. Go to device manager and uninstall both the mouse and keyboard driver then restart your computer and check both mouse and keyboard is working or not..

• 123Beracca
    The keyboard still wasnt recognized by usb after I did those steps so I couldn't get it to bios 
  • wfrendo
    wfrendo Member Posts: 6 New User
    have you tried just resetting the computer, turn it off and leave it for a minute... when you do this make sure you pull out all the cables, including the power cable after you turn it off
  • 123Beracca
    Yes for hours 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    @123Beracca which model do you have? Is it a touchscreen model or not? There's a slight chance one or more of the USB ports is cabled to the motherboard instead of directly connected and you might have the cable loose. Most likely though the problem is on the motherboard, in which case we're not going to be a lot of help. :(
    It's also possible to connect a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to some models, which could help you get past the current USB problem.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.