Install windows error on Acer Aspire A315

Gregster
Gregster Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi folks.
Hope you can help.
Just got an Acer Aspire A315-51-341M refurb.
Switched on for 1st time.
Starts with Install Windows Error - i tried turning it off and then using Alt + f10. That leads to it being stuck with the Acer logo on the screen.
Turned it off and reset the battery, and turned back on but got the Install Windows Error again.
Pressed f2 for blue set up screen. 
Reset the boot mode to default and then restarted and got 'no bootable device'.
Reset it back to legacy and then it goes back to Install windows error.

I think the above covers the suggestions/ answers to previous posts that i could find, but any help would be superb.
Really appreciate any advice.

Thanks
G.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,840 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Must reset BIOS to be UEFI bootstrap, not legacy. Then shut machine off. Then turn it back on again and F2 back into the BIOS menu. If the BIOS Information tab does not identify the HDD or SSD, then immediately return the machine to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,840 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Must reset BIOS to be UEFI bootstrap, not legacy. Then shut machine off. Then turn it back on again and F2 back into the BIOS menu. If the BIOS Information tab does not identify the HDD or SSD, then immediately return the machine to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gregster
    Thanks JackE, much appreciated.  :)
  • Gregster
    JackE said:
    Thanks JackE. Reset the BIOS to UEFI and shut the machine off. Turned it back on and screen says no bootable device and doesn't allow me go any further, F2 doesn't work. I'll get on to the vendor now. Thanks Again JackE.