SF515-51T-73TY Acer Swift 5 Touch Screen just stopped working

Options
PotatoBandit
PotatoBandit Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
I have a Acer Swift 5 Ultra-Thin & Lightweight Laptop 15.6” FHD IPS Touch Display in a thin .23” bezel, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Back-lit Keyboard, Windows 10 SF515-51T-73TY. Now, my touchscreen has been working for the past 2 weeks since ive been using this brand new computer ... and now .. nothing .. its as if it was never touch screen at all :| ... any advice ?

Answers

• Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    PotatoBandit. Hi! Your touch screen might not respond because it is not enabled or needs to be reinstalled. Use Device Manager to enable and reinstall the touch screen driver.

1. Do a right click on windows icon on the screen and select device manager
    2. Expand the Human Interface Devices list.
    3. Right-click the touch screen device, and then click Enable, if possible. If the Enable option does not display, continue to the next step.
    4. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue with these steps.
    5. Right-click the touch screen device, and then click Uninstall.
    6. Restart the computer to reinstall the touch screen driver.
    7. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue to the next step.
    8. Do a right click on windows icon and in search type Calibrate the screen for pen and touch input and click on it
    9. On the Display tab, click Setup.
    10. Click Touch input.
    11. Follow the on-screen directions to identify your screen as a touch screen.
    12. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue to the next step.
    13. Try to check for windows update and install it
  • PotatoBandit
    PotatoBandit Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Thank you for your assistance, It seems I just had to restart the computer a couple of times ... but I'm going to return this laptop, it has too many issues for a brand new computer 
  • mjohn0124
    mjohn0124 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2023
    Options

The touchscreen on my Acer SF515 stopped working and now says "This device does not support touch capability" and touchscreen does not show on Device Manager, so there is nothing to Enable. I've tried Reboot and Restore,and nothing worked, and am now upgrading to Windows 11; any other suggestions?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

@mjohn0124 rather than camping out on a four year old thread, you will have much better results with a question asked in a new thread. Use the Ask a Question button and include you full model number, your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SF515-xxx-xxxx. Describe your issue and what you have tried so far and we'll likely be able to help.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.