Aspire nitro vx5 dead..

Pastafari
Pastafari Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello.

I have an Acer aspire nitro v15 (vx5) gaming laptop

So i was badly attacked, i think remotely and suddenly my efi esp partition was empty. Bios showed all info was missing in the security tab. Did a deep scan and the partition had its files nothing was missing. It suggested the partition table was messed with. I restarted my laptop because i wanted to fix it in safe mode and now it is dead. No sign of life. Tried the power reset button and alt + f10 + power button. Nothing. Plugging the adapter doesnt turn on the charge light. Please can somebody help me !!?? Can i force it to start in any way?

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Could be a dead MOB. What makes you think you were attacked? 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Pastafari
    edited December 2019
    What is MOB? Someone was remotely connected. My windows defender and firewall and taskmanager were disfunctional. I found 63 lost partitions with lots of ***** that wasnt mine. In pc management i saw i had shares and an active session. Windows log showed attempted logons to my pc. And many other weird stuff. I could connect to my own laptop in network devices... Now the partition table was messed with for my efi partition. Restarted and my pc died. Still cant start it.
  • Pastafari
    Wanted to edit but couldnt so: What is MOB? Someone was remotely connected. My windows defender and firewall and taskmanager were disfunctional. I found 63 lost partitions with lots of ***** that wasnt mine. In pc management i saw i had shares and an active session. Windows log showed attempted logons to my pc. And many other weird stuff. I could connect to my own laptop in network devices... app windows moving around or dissapearing. Getting screen lock stuck on an app or window. Sometimes with win + tab i saw a page i didnt open, it was on firefox passwords... then it was gone. Defender scans didnt finish but it said it did. False certificates in browser listed as trusted.  System time changed even though the clock was set to current time. Now the partition table was messed with for my efi partition. Restarted and my pc died. Still cant start it. 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    MOB is Motherboard. At this stage I think the best course is a fresh Windows installation. Restart and press Alt + F10

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★