Back-lit keyboard wont turn off when my lid is down!

prodigy18
prodigy18 Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Predator Helios 300  PH315-52
The Light of my keyboard remains on and wont turn off when my lid is down, is it normal?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,001 Pathfinder
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • The answer provided by @Jack22 is correct. Why did you reject her? The problem still remains?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • prodigy18
    Yes, the problem still remains. Normally in all the laptops when you CLOSE THE LID then the back light of the keyboard AUTOMATICALLY TURNS OFF. And that's not happening in my laptop. 
  • Yes! But when you close the lid, does the notebook shut down, suspend, hibernate, or is it set to do nothing?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • prodigy18
    No the notebook remains on.

• OK! But have you changed the cover function in the power options?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• prodigy18
    Yes, I've set it to 'do nothing' 
  • Are there any settings in Predator Sense to turn off the backlit keyboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• prodigy18
    Only one, but it is not related to this issue. The setting available is to turn off Backlit after 30 seconds normally. 
    Btw do you also have the same Laptop? 
  • No. It would be interesting to let you know if the same situation occurs when switching the power plan to power save mode.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    prodigy18 If its set to do nothing when the lid is closed the backlit will stay always on unless you turn it off manually FN+F9 (or whatever key is assigned on yours) it should exactly the same in all predator nitro laptops unless they had changed something in the 2019 i dont see any issue here at all also setting up answers as wrong answer its bad for anyone who is helping and makes us no to want to provide help because you are hurting us by giving negative points causing bad rep when this is not the case im going to restore @Jack22  and @egydiocoelho answers back to normal as this isnt fair to any of us as we are here only voluntary to help we arent acer support neither work for acer and this community its not acer direct suport channel in any way next time leave it as it is instead of refusing the answer just because if you dont want to accept the answer as solved fine but dont refuse it 

Also you can try a battery power drain follow these instructions using the power button because the 2019 models do not have the battery reset pinhole anymore and reset bios to setup defaults as last resort backup whatever you need and reset to stock recovery clean install follow this and choose delete everything option to completely rule out any software issues.

Have a great christmas :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/