Acer Nitro fans totally out of whack

Ren89
Ren89 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey all, 

I own an Acer Nitro 5 (AN151-54) with i5-9300h and a 1650. It's had a repaste, undervolt, cpu boost turned off, so it stays rather cool, but even in the 50's fans ramp up to the 4000+, sometimes even 5000+ during gaming. Nitrosense manual settings changed nothing when gaming, and occasionally worked when idle. 

I could live with the slightly higher fan speeds than I thought needed for the lower temps I had when gaming, but I recently added RAM to the free slot and an SSD to the free slot, and since then it's totally out of whack... I can be on idle and low 30's, and GPU totally switched off.... And both fans will be stuck on 4000+rpm?!? After a while they'll totally switch off, then spike again for a few minutes... Gaming is worse, instantly jumping to 5000+rpm on even the least demanding games and super low temps...  

Tried re-installing nitrosense, tried predatorsense... Tried different power options... Care Center says I don't have any outstanding updates... Is this a hardware fault? At a loss for what to do...

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Ren89 said:
    Hey all, 

I own an Acer Nitro 5 (AN151-54) with i5-9300h and a 1650. It's had a repaste, undervolt, cpu boost turned off, so it stays rather cool, but even in the 50's fans ramp up to the 4000+, sometimes even 5000+ during gaming. Nitrosense manual settings changed nothing when gaming, and occasionally worked when idle. 

I could live with the slightly higher fan speeds than I thought needed for the lower temps I had when gaming, but I recently added RAM to the free slot and an SSD to the free slot, and since then it's totally out of whack... I can be on idle and low 30's, and GPU totally switched off.... And both fans will be stuck on 4000+rpm?!? After a while they'll totally switch off, then spike again for a few minutes... Gaming is worse, instantly jumping to 5000+rpm on even the least demanding games and super low temps...  

Tried re-installing nitrosense, tried predatorsense... Tried different power options... Care Center says I don't have any outstanding updates... Is this a hardware fault? At a loss for what to do...

I suspect it's a hardware fault. Bad temperature sensors. If you're still under warranty get it fixed by Acer

Please click YES if I answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★