Is Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM) compatible with A515-43R?

Nick64
Nick64 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought an Acer A515-43-R19L. I understand I could add a 2.5" hard drive in the empty bay. When looking to buy a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM) is not showing my laptop model number in the list that will fit with this drive. Would be just an omission in the  list, or really this drive is not compatible with my laptop? What should I look for compatibility in a 2.5" hard drive to fit with my laptop?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Should fit & work fine. Since you're in CA you can also request a installation kit though I usually don't use a bracket, just foam to immobilize and protect the drive inside the case. Crowded enough inside without adding more metal. https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Some mainboards don't need the cable. Just plug the SSD's rear end connector into the mainboard's socket. Then a bracket with screws to hold it in place might be useful. Otherwise, foam is good. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Should fit & work fine. Since you're in CA you can also request a installation kit though I usually don't use a bracket, just foam to immobilize and protect the drive inside the case. Crowded enough inside without adding more metal. https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Nick64
    Nick64 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for the  answer. I've read the laptop come (from US) with the kit, and I've seen the 4 screws in the box. Also when opened the laptop to add RAM and replace the M2 128 Gb SSD with a 500 GB, I've seen the SATA adaptor. Just didn't pay attention if connecting cable was there, as I've just looked today on the instruction video how to add a  2.5"hard drive, and understand what the kit means. Video is  very good and easy to follow instruction even for somebody like me who would do it first time.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Some mainboards don't need the cable. Just plug the SSD's rear end connector into the mainboard's socket. Then a bracket with screws to hold it in place might be useful. Otherwise, foam is good. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ