My Daughter’s Christmas is Ruined!

Helaine
Helaine Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I purchased an all in one desktop computer for my daughter for Christmas. She’s in high school and she is an artist so she was so excited to get an Acer product. She’s going to art school and wanted a good computer. We had our Christmas presents early so when we opened the box last night, we set up the computer and turned it on and the screen showed cracking inside. There was not any physical damage on the outside and the box had been very tightly packed with Styrofoam all around so there is no way any damage could’ve happened to the screen putting it together. Then we made the mistake of calling customer service. The woman that I spoke with was not only rude she was not even concerned that this was ruining my daughter’s Christmas. She insisted that the damage was physical when it is clearly not. The only way to see any damage at all is to turn the computer on. I have pictures and I am happy to share them with anyone interested. If I had any way to pay an additional $300 to fix it, I would not, because I didn’t damage the computer, it obviously happened before it left the factory because it was packed with styrofoam so you couldn’t even move it in the box. I am so angry right now. This thing cost me way more than I could afford and now I have to pay for a screen I didn’t break!! I will tell everyone I know and then some of this situation. Acer doesn’t stand behind their products.

Answers

• Helaine
    I just want to know what I can do to help my daughter get the computer she wanted so much. B
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    Your best bet for a quick turnaround is to return it to the vendor and have them replace it. Likely the damage occurred in shipping and they will be able to charge back to the shipper, or their vendor. Systems get jostled pretty severely fairly often during the shipping process, especially when the number of items getting shipped raises this time of year. From your description it's liable to not be warranty-able, because it's not a manufacturing defect, but that just means it'll go through a different route. No way should your daughter be out more than the few days it takes to be dealt with.
    Let us know how it goes...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Helaine
    I am going to send it back to the vendor but I bought a Dell elsewhere. I’m sorry but to tell a customer that they caused the damage when they clearly didn’t is wrong. You may want to train your customer service agents some communication skills.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Helaine said:
    I am going to send it back to the vendor but I bought a Dell elsewhere. I’m sorry but to tell a customer that they caused the damage when they clearly didn’t is wrong. You may want to train your customer service agents some communication skills.
    We are sorry you received the unit for your daughter with a hardware issue and we are glad to hear you contact the vendor to resolve the issue. Unfortunately there are many ways this issue can happened. We usually ask for the SN or suggest the user contact Support Center to open a case, we see that you already contact support and we apologize for any inconvenient you may of had.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.