Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L memory upgrade

KRock
KRock Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L with 4GB of memory. Can I mix card sizes by adding a 8GB card, giving me 12GB of memory or do I need to remove the 4GB card and add 2 8GB cards instead?

Answers

• Hi,
    You can add a 8GB module to make the total to 12GB but it will not fully utilise the dual channel, if you really want the system to work with dual channel, you have to install two identical size modules.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening KRock !

This model supports DDR4 1866 / 2133Hz

The dual-channel principle is to use RAM in pairs.
    So using 4 + 8 will work.
    But only the first 4 Gb will be activated in dual.
    The remaining 4 will be single.
    Thus, the ideal would be to use two 4Gb RAM banks or two 8Gb RAM banks

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• DDRock
    DDRock Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I purchased the Acer Aspire A515-43 R19L and according to others on Amazon I also purchased 4GB DDR4 2666 Mhz PC4-21300 260 PIN SODIMM 1.2 V CL19 NON ECC Unbuffered RAM.
    I have yet to bother installing it, I was actually waiting for a better deal for 2 sticks of 8GB to go down in price. So far that hasn't happened.
    After reading the above information, I am curious if I have purchased the wrong RAM for my Acer? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.