Anyone know how to open up the cover for Acer Veriton Z4660G ?

Options
JackyWong
JackyWong Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
hi , i planned to upgrade the ram for Z4660G , but i can't open up the top cover , anyone know how to open up this cover for access the ram slot?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Take the stand off then the three screws at the bottom. You can gently pry the back off at that point.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Take the stand off then the three screws at the bottom. You can gently pry the back off at that point.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GrandmaDJ
    GrandmaDJ Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    my aspire desktop AZ3771 is older but the question is the same - unfortunately we cannot get the screws out as they will not turn, we have tried everything we have seen on YouTube etc, nothing works.  Any tipss to remove screws that won't move?  we dont want to damage computer.  Have talked to local shops and they cant be bothered to help us even though we would pay for the service. 
  • GrandmaDJ
    Options
    billsey said:

GrandmaDJ said:
    my aspire desktop AZ3771 is older but the question is the same - unfortunately we cannot get the screws out as they will not turn, we have tried everything we have seen on YouTube etc, nothing works.  Any tipss to remove screws that won't move?  we dont want to damage computer.  Have talked to local shops and they cant be bothered to help us even though we would pay for the service. 

• GrandmaDJ
    Options
    my aspire desktop AZ3771 is older but the question is the same - unfortunately we cannot get the screws out as they will not turn, we have tried everything we have seen on YouTube etc, nothing works.  Any tips to remove screws that won't move?  we dont want to damage computer.  Have talked to local shops and they cant be bothered to help us even though we would pay for the service. 
    Any suggestions from someone who knows the  Acer Aspire AZ 3771 & has had similar problems and was successful at moving these screws would be such a help.  Thank you!  Donna :
  • billsey
    Options
    The screws you are trying to remove are M3x8 and use a #1 JIS cross driver for best results. A Phillips #1 should work OK, but you might need to tap on the back of the screwdriver to get it fully seated before twisting it. There is likely a bit of corrosion on the screw and that's normal for the age.