SF515-51T-73TY Acer Swift 5 whacky freezing and sound that leads hurting ears

PotatoBandit
PotatoBandit Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygIq4qQoBRQ

The video pretty much tells the entire story. I could be doing absolutely anything, or nothing, but this computer will decide to just randomly freeze up and nothing will work. If I'm watching a video while it spazzes out, I will get that obnoxious sound, if not it will just be the freeze by itself and I have to force shut down the computer, any ideas on what the Issue is and how to fix it? This is a brand new computer as well, got it for Black Friday, needed something to carry me through the last leg of University, disappointed I have to go through this. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    Try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. If the issue still persists and the vendor's return's policy period hasn't expired yet, immediately return it to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange. ACER warranty service will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• PotatoBandit
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for the response, Imma just return it to Acer because I have a faulty left Ctrl key and I tried resetting already while during the process the computer ended up freezing several times as shown in the video. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    Yes, if you tried the coldboot ALT+F10 reset and got similar freezing, then it sounds like a hardware problem. Are you sure the vendor's returns policy period has expired? That's the quickest way to get it resolved with a refund or exchange if you can still return it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• PotatoBandit
    I actually phoned in after 10 days of buying it and I have 90 days to send it in. So, I  have to wait until I travel back to the US then I will ship it from there. Should get it exchanged from that point on