Google os update. Bricked my acer chromebook tab tablet

Iceyousall
Iceyousall Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Google os update. Bricked my acer chromebook tab tablet. I had this tablet since july of 2019. I never did an update. Tablet worked fine. Last night i did the chrome os. update. I do not know what version. And once it restarted. The tablet kept freezing. And restarting. Later in day. The ***** tablet. Wouldn't power on. So i tried charging it. But of course. It now will not charge. The latest chrome os update. Bricked my tablet.  

Answers

• Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Iceyousall.. Hi! If you can go to login page please follow the steps which has been given below(Note : You will lose installed apps on this Chromebook but you can re-install again from store app and also make sure the files have been synced to your google account so it will be saved on cloud storage)

1)  Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + in Login screen

2)  Now click on POWER WASH which will reset your Chromebook

3 ) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup your google account on Chromebook and Check if the problem is fixed.

• Iceyousall
    it's a tablet. Theres no keyboard.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    With the tablets you press and hold the power button along with either the volume up or volume down button (depends on whether you are in portrait or landscape mode).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Iceyousall
    Ok i will try. Thank you. Happy holidays.