Aspire e 15 es1-512-c8hy

adepaolis
adepaolis Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a laptop stuck in automatic repair loop. I tried the windows 10 Microsoft media creator with cd and USB in both legacy and uefi mode but can't get it to boot. It's quite frustrating.

I'm thinking I have to remove the hard drive and connect it to a working computer to backup the contents. Then erase the disk and try again to boot from USB drive to install Windows 10.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @adepaolis

Under the MAIN menu, enable the F12 Boot Menu option. Under the BOOT menu, select Legacy boot and press F10 Save & Exit. While the notebook is rebooting, press F2 again to enter the BIOS. Under the BOOT menu, select as your first boot option the USB HDD stick

If your unable to select Legacy create the Supervisor password and then try to change the option 

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • adepaolis
    adepaolis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Using the Microsoft media creation tool, I created a windows 10 x64 USB.  I followed the bios steps you laid out to boot and it appears to start booting but  itgoes to a blue screen that says

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.  Stop code acpi bios error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    adepaolis.. Hi! For backup follow the below steps

1. In automatic repair screen if you see advance options try to click on advance - troubleshoot - advance - command prompt

2. In command prompt window type notepad and hit enter key and this will open notepad on the screen

3. In notepad click on file - open and now you will get a new window where you have to select "This pc" option on left side of the pane and on the right side of the pane click on "Acer C - Users - open your user profile of your computer " then transfer each and every folder to Flash drive or external hdd

To Re-install windows 10 

1. Turn off your computer 
    2. Plug in the USB Drive that contains the windows 10 Media Creation Tool files.
    3. Power on the system and begin tapping the F2 Key to enter the BIOS.
    4. In the BIOS, use the arrow keys to navigate to the Main menu item at the top.
    5. Use the down arrow to highlight F12 Boot Menu and press Enter.
    6. Highlight Enabled and press Enter.
    7. Press the F10 key and press Enter to save the changes and exit. The system will reboot immediately.
    8. As soon as the system begins rebooting, press the F12 key repeatedly to enter the Boot Manager
    9. Select the USB HDD and press Enter. The Windows Setup environment will launch.
    10. If 9th step didn't work get on to bios and highlight Boot tab on the top and change uefi to legacy then press f10 for save and exit.. Tap f12 as soon the computer turns on then select USB hdd