Will adding RAM and/or storage to a Nitro 5 void the 1 year warranty?

Defiect
Defiect Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just ordered a new 2019 version Nitro 5 (Product number: AN515-54-54W2), with 8GB ram and 256GB of storage.

If I want to replace the ram or add another SSD to the laptop, would either of those require warranty-voiding actions?

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Defiect said:
    I just ordered a new 2019 version Nitro 5 (Product number: AN515-54-54W2), with 8GB ram and 256GB of storage.

If I want to replace the ram or add another SSD to the laptop, would either of those require warranty-voiding actions?

If it has a sticker over one of the screws on the underside stating "Warranty may be void if removed" then it will void it but no sticker then no problem. In the USA, due to warranty laws, the warranty is not voided by adding RAM or an SSD but maybe in other countries

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    It depends on a country. In US - no. Does it have a warranty sticker?
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Defiect said:

If it has a sticker over one of the screws on the underside stating "Warranty may be void if removed" then it will void it but no sticker then no problem. In the USA, due to warranty laws, the warranty is not voided by adding RAM or an SSD but maybe in other countries

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★