Couldnt install touchpad drivers downloaded from the driver website. Aspire 7 715-72G

Helper201
Helper201 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
So, my friend gave me a laptop few days back because her touchpad was not working, so I tried a few step, but did not find the upper filters and lower filters, tried installing the driver directly from the acer website, livebooted linux to check if it would work, and nothing worked. So this was the error the windows gives when manually selecting the driver:
 "The folder you specified does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the location contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with the Windows x64 Edition operating system."
 And so as a final attempt I check my laptop which is an acer aspire e5-475g for the trackpad driver and noticed it's from 2006. So I downloaded the driver and the same error is shown as before. Any fixes for it? I am using Windows 10 1909 Pro for the aspire e5, and 1909 Home for the Aspire 7 715-72G. Any help on this matter is really appreciated. 

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Helper201 said:
    Thank you for the replies but, I have given it to a service center to see if they can figure it out so, because I suspect it is a hardware issue and if it is they can fix it for me, otherwise I think I will come here for advice again. So Thanks for now.
    Hi,
    Yes, it's the correct action to take and I am sure they can fix it, good luck.
  • Helper201
    Answer ✓
    Hi. The cable for the touchpad was not connected in the laptop so the touchpad was not detected was the response given by the technician. Thank you all for your help. 

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab and check whether the touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, switch to Advanced mode and see whether it fixes the problem.

• Helper201
    Done that, if I don't do that, the device doesn't even show the touchpad. When I set it to Advanced the device shows error 10, with power failure in details tab. And the driver is from 2006, which doesn't work. Thank you for that though, was the first thing I tried.
  • Hi,
    Yes, HID compliant mouse driver is from 2006 for me as well, could you please go to Device manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices, go to the Properties of HID compliant mouse, move to Details tab, select Harware IDs and post the snip like mine showing the Value window.

• Helper201

No mice detected in device manager. 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Hi @Helper201
    Go to Acer support site and download Serial IO driver, then uninstall the driver for Intel Serial Host controller driver and install the downloaded driver.
    1.Go to Acer support site, download driver version 30.100.1727.1
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7627?b=1
    2.Go to Device manager, expand System devices, uninstall the driver for Intel Serial IO host controller driver, then install the downloaded driver.

• Helper201
    Thank you for the replies but, I have given it to a service center to see if they can figure it out so, because I suspect it is a hardware issue and if it is they can fix it for me, otherwise I think I will come here for advice again. So Thanks for now.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Helper201 said:
    Hi,
    Yes, it's the correct action to take and I am sure they can fix it, good luck.
  • Helper201
    Answer ✓
    Hi. The cable for the touchpad was not connected in the laptop so the touchpad was not detected was the response given by the technician. Thank you all for your help.