Adding a Second Storage Drive (Solid State Drive) and a ram on My Acer Aspire A515-51-5EW

Sibly
Sibly Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51-58EW).I have 4GB DDR4 RAM,1TB HDD,Intel HD 620. I am looking to put a second storage drive (a Solid State Drive) in my laptop.I know Acer posted instructions on how to put a ssd in some A515-51 series models, but I don't find my laptop model for SSD information.I saw,my motherboard has a m2 slot and 1 empty ram slot. I want to edit videos on adobe premiere pro 2020.
1.Is it support m.2 nvme SSD ? how much can i add ? which type of ssd should be best ?
2.how much ram i need? how much ram i can add?Is 8GB enough ? which will be the best option (4gb+4gb or 4gb+8GB or 4gb+12gb or 4gb+16gb )?
Sorry, for too much question....

Answers

• On ram, check with the cpuz program if your model comes with 2x4gb or 1x8gb.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sibly
    On ram, check with the cpuz program if your model comes with 2x4gb or 1x8gb.
    I have core i5 7200U, 1X4Gb ram in motherboard+1 empty slot.
    Can my laptop support M.2 NvME and how much?
  • Check here my friend: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/745644/#Comment_745644
    Memory ram: support maximum 20gb ddr4, 2133 ou 2400mhz soddim
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sibly
    Check here my friend: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/745644/#Comment_745644
    Memory ram: support maximum 20gb ddr4, 2133 ou 2400mhz soddim
    Which should be best lineup 4gb+4/8/12/16 gb ?
    I have 1*4 gb at 2133MHz in motherboard and which bus speed need for adding ram with best performance ?
    Also,Thx a lot... 
  • I would like to check your ram settings with the cpuz program.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer