Acer Nitro 5 Power limit throttling

Rancesco
Rancesco Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys,
Just got my new Acer Nitro 5 yesterday (AN515-54-55NZ) so i have only one question for now. :) I read and watched so much about this laptop so i was very good prepared on everything, especially cpu temp. So far i am very pleased with everything thanks to this forum of course (installed all drivers, msi afterburner, intel tuning utility, nitro sense, put battery high performance, enable coolbost, deinstalled nvidia expirience... ). I didn't had many issues about CPU temp, i did undervolting CPU (-130 V) after i played Sekiro Shadows die twice (before undervolting around 80-88c, after 70-75c max).. RE 7 work very nice also (gpu temp 46c, cpu around 58-65C max). So, what i wanted to ask finally is Power limit throttling... i saw in Intel tuning utility that this is always on yes ( turbo Boost short power max and turbo boost Power max are equal = 45.00 v) but there is no changes.. So, do i need to worry about this or just to let it that way?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Rancesco said:
    UPDATE: So i had few days to test little more and temps are very high... Battlefield 5 on Ultra from 80 to 94C (UV -150), Black ops 2 from 70 to 85C.... Is this okay or to do something and i really don't know what... Laptop is under warranty so i can't really open it to put thermal paste

What are your maximum temps, continuous and spike? 85 deg is ok but 94 deg is not good. Make sure you are gaming plugged in with battery at 100% before gaming, Fans on Max with Coolboost and use a USB powered Cooling Mat. Also does your laptop have a sticker on the underside placed over a screw stating "May void Warranty if removed"?

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Rancesco said:
    Here are screenshots after playing Battlefield V, hope this will help somehow.

Battery is 100% and laptop is plugged in. Coolboost is on, but Fans are on auto. Also, i checked underside and there is not that kind of sticker.

Then you are OK to repaste, I would go with Grizzly Kryonaut. Link below is to a video on how to do it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfoUkIazNA&t=24s

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• Rancesco

Tinkerer

UPDATE: So i had few days to test little more and temps are very high... Battlefield 5 on Ultra from 80 to 94C (UV -150), Black ops 2 from 70 to 85C.... Is this okay or to do something and i really don't know what... Laptop is under warranty so i can't really open it to put thermal paste

• andylb
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Rancesco said:

What are your maximum temps, continuous and spike? 85 deg is ok but 94 deg is not good. Make sure you are gaming plugged in with battery at 100% before gaming, Fans on Max with Coolboost and use a USB powered Cooling Mat. Also does your laptop have a sticker on the underside placed over a screw stating "May void Warranty if removed"?

Please click YES if I have answered your question

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Rancesco

Tinkerer

Battery is 100% and laptop is plugged in. Coolboost is on, but Fans are on auto. Also, i checked underside and there is not that kind of sticker.

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Rancesco said:

Then you are OK to repaste, I would go with Grizzly Kryonaut. Link below is to a video on how to do it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfoUkIazNA&t=24s

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★