Graphics card issue Nitro 5

Wabbitz
Wabbitz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Nitro 5 Nvidia GeForce Gtx 1650 that I just bought online. I’ve looked up every tutorial on YouTube I could find pertaining to my issue, but I can’t solve the problem. My GPU reads: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I just want to play WoW, and my graphics aren’t supported. I’ve seen how some computers can change in bios to switchable graphics, but it’s not an option for me. Since it is an i5-9300h, can I download a graphics driver from Intel at the least? I’ve tried downloading from Nvidia with no luck. Even GeForce Experience cannot detect my graphics card being other than MBDA. Please help!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Wabbitz !

Are your Windows and libraries properly updated?
    Is the appliance plugged into the power outlet?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Wabbitz
    Wabbitz Member Posts: 3 New User
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning Wabbitz !

Are your Windows and libraries properly updated?
    Is the appliance plugged into the power outlet?

So I’ve checked windows update. It says I’m up to date. I downloaded all the drivers I was missing like turbo boost and WiFi, from Acer, and yes I keep it plugged into the outlet. 

Now as for libraries, I’m unsure. I don’t know computers very well.