Goes twice as slow on charging than when on battery.

System
System Member Posts: 4,543 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: aspire r3-471t. Goes twice as slow on charging than when on battary..

Comments

• PromotedToSaltminer
    PromotedToSaltminer Member Posts: 4 New User
    JordanB said:
    Ik I'm a few years late but i was having the same issue and tried the fix above but when InsydeFlash shows up the computer completely freezes when its "erasing and writing" and i have to forcefully turn off the laptop. Is there a fix to this or should i try the second to newest BIOS instead?
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    @PromotedToSaltminer

You can try the second to newest BIOS, but it would be at your own risk since you seem to be having unknown problems.  You could take it to a computer repair shop and ask them to do it.

If you're running Windows 10, and have the Haswell-ULT version of the R3-471t,  a lot of people had some problems with the Intel Management Engine Interface driver version because Intel never released a new Intel Management Engine Interface driver for Haswell-ULT.....for Windows 10.

Windows 8.1 runs flawlessly.

I would recommend Windows 8.1 for the R3-471t.

If you want to go back to Windows 8.1, you can try the Alt+F10 reset or you could order it from the Acer Store, or you could use the free vanilla version.  You'd have to backup all your important personal files first.

I'm not an Acer employee.