Aspire 5332 upgrade windows 7 to windows 10

Options
Tivano
Tivano Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

Does anyone has experience with upgrading a laptop (Aspire 5332) to windows 10?

I saw some laptops mentioned by acer and that they tested them also, but I can't find an answer about the Aspire 5332.

I would appreciate knowing if I can still safely upgrade this laptop to windows 10, or if I would then encounter a lot of misery, because the laptop might not be compatible with it.

Kind regards.

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    It should be possible, a Google search shows one for sale on Ebay that is running W10. The 5332 is just old enough to be in that gray area where you might find everything works except the one thing you can't live without. You might also find that some drivers need to be installed in compatibility mode for W7 in order for them to work in W10. I suggest that you make a full backup,including the recovery disk, then give it a try. The worse that should happen is you'd have to restore that backup by booting the recovery, the best is it does the upgrade smoothly and everything works first try. :) I have a couple of computers here that are vintage 2006 running Windows 10 and they don't seem to have any issues except being slow... But then they were slow when running XP as well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dallange
    Dallange Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I'm late to the game, but yes you can upgrade the Aspire 5532 to Windows 10. I'm currently on Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 and have no issues.  I did upgrade my RAM recently from 3 gigs to 4, but even before that, it ran.  I don't do anything labor intensive on this laptop.  Usually just use it for surfing the web and occasionally ZOOM.