Need help calibrating - Acer Nitro VG271U and Predator XB271HU - Destiny 2

Sgt_Engee
Sgt_Engee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all, 

I've recently converted from an Intel/Nvidia build to an AMD build. I previously used a Predator as my primary monitor and a generic vizio TV as my secondary. But I jumped for the Nitro so that I would be able to take advantage of Free-sync like I was able to take advantage of G-sync previously. However, not only is the AMD control panel a bit of a pain to navigate, but I'm not entirely certain which combination of traits can be active on the Nitro at the same time as Free-sync.

For example when I activate HDR on the monitor itself, it shuts off Free-sync and changed some of the color settings on my Predator. I mostly restored the Predator to what it's color settings were before, but I'm kinda worried about giving myself multiple setbacks. I don't want to keep readjusting / recalibrating one monitor only to have the other change itself. It seems like the AMD Radeon Software control panel has a multiple tabs, with multiple possible combinations.

Aside from that, I've run into color issues when playing Destiny 2. I'm not sure if it's some setting on the monitor, the Radeon control panel, or the something between the two and game, but since I've tried playing on the Nitro, D2 has the appearance like someone has turned up god rays, bloom, reflections, and lighting, to 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. It hurts to look at and I can't seem to find a good looking balance when I adjust the monitor settings. And even if I did, other games I play wouldn't look good. I've played Star Wars: the Old Republic for example and it looked fine on initial load. I had to turn the brightness up a little as it seems that the Nitro monitor runs VERY dark when compared to the Predator. As a matter of fact, the brightness was set to 80 out of 100 right out of the box. Meanwhile my Predator is set to 60 out of 100 for the same comparable picture brightness.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.