T232HL touch screen problem

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,519 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: T232HL touch screen problem with windows 10.

Comments

• Skye1
    Skye1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    danbevj said:

I dont think it's either of those things as it worked completely fine right before Windows 10 update.

I dont even see HID-Compliant TOuchscreen under HID?  ANy suggestions of how to add that?

Or any other suggestions.  Very frustrating

This happened to me just recently. It is a real pain and I don't know how to make it work. How did you fix it??
  • NurseRobert
    NurseRobert Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    MAR 2020: Having same problem with my Acer Laptop.  Like ghost taking over controls and spots appearing randomly, mouse pointer moving all over, programs randomly opening etc.  Makes it mostly unusable.  Took it in and completely debugged but that didn't change things.  PC guy thought in might be a problem with the power unit sending surges that affect the PC - any thoughts out there?  I see others have the same issue. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @NurseRobert That kind of symptom can have several causes though primarily it can be traced back to either the touchpad sending spurious touches or the digitizer glitching due to a cable starting to fray in the hinge between the two halves of the laptop. Do your symptoms change at all when you flex the hinges a bit?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.