Windows link for bootable usb - Aspire-7-a715-72g-76wl

newhansen
newhansen Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys,
I own an acer-aspire-7-a715-72g-76wl. I crashed it and for some reason the alt+f10 option to reinstal windows doesnt work. My question is; is it possible to obtain a link from acer with the windows version that came with my machine to create a bootable USB?

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    First try to enter the BIOS with the F2 key at boot time. Make sure the D2D recovery option is enabled in the main tab. If enabled, shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on  and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping F10 key before the ACER logo screen even appears. The ALT+F10 often won't work if you wait for the logo screen because it'll be too late. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• newhansen
    Thanks for the reply. It didnt work, because i think the efi folder is not there anymore. So a bootable windows version might help. Grts! Hans
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can make a Microsoft generic Win10 recovery USB stick at this link. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery
    Because it's a generic version you might have to download some ACER drivers for devices that may not work properly. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• newhansen
    Yep, that did it. I noticed the recovery option wasn't on my ssd because I changed it with a bigger drive. With the windows bootable usb it was possible to reinstall windows. Didnt need other drivers so far. It seems i didnt have to buy a windows licence because it recognised the acer laptop. So everything works. Thanks for the help!