Nitro 5 AN515-42 . After updating the bios, I sometimes have a black screen at system startup.

MI3RNIK
MI3RNIK Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Currently Bios 1.16.
I didn't have this problem before the upgrade. I haven't changed any laptop components so it's not a component problem. I tried to return to an older stable version of Bios for me but I can't do it.
Is there any way to install Bios version 1.13

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    MI3RNIK said:
    Currently Bios 1.16.
    I didn't have this problem before the upgrade. I haven't changed any laptop components so it's not a component problem. I tried to return to an older stable version of Bios for me but I can't do it.
    Is there any way to install Bios version 1.13

There are ways to revert the BIOS using 3rd party programs but it is very dangerous and may easily result in you bricking your computer. So not recommended 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MI3RNIK
    The bios update launcher detects that I have a newer version installed than the one I'm trying to install and stops updating.
    Is there any way around it?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    MI3RNIK said:
    The bios update launcher detects that I have a newer version installed than the one I'm trying to install and stops updating.
    Is there any way around it?

NO !!! it won't revert the BIOS back to an older version, please read my post above

Please click YES if I have answered your problem

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• It is recommended to always restore the bios to factory settings after updating the firmware. To do this, enter the bios and press the f9 keys and then press f10 to save when you exit. Also try resetting the battery:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MI3RNIK
    I have already tried to reset the battery, as well as restoring the bios to factory settings.
    My Acer let's say every 5 startup starts with a black screen. Only reset helps.
    I read somewhere on the internet about people with a similar problem pointing to a problem reading the Ram after upgrading.
    I already had many laptops and I updated bios more than once. I have never had a problem with it and did not know that it is impossible to go back to the older version. There is no problem on my desktop and I have done it many times (problems with Ryzen 3000).
    Ryzen bring me bad luck :(
  • Try changing the slot rams memories and post the result.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MI3RNIK
    I have 2x8GB, original memory. I did not check how it would work on a single memory. Ryzen works better in dualchannel. I didn't have this problem before, so if it's bios fault, then the update broke my laptop.
  • MI3RNIK
    I am afraid that it will work well on one slot, but this will not solve my problem. I will not give up my second memory.
    The problem is that the upgrade from bios 1.13 to bios 1.16 has changed something on the laptop that does not work as before.
    I feel bad and helpless with it.
  • Not! What I meant is that you have to swap the rams memories (slot), that is, swap the ram in the first slot and install it in the second slot and ram in the second slot, install it it in the first slot.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MI3RNIK
    OK.
    It could be done
  • MI3RNIK
    I think your advice has helped.
    I tried to force this situation but for now it works stably.
    I will test a few days and let you know.
    I don't understand what happened and why but I am happy.
  • Ok my friend. Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer