Acer Nitro AN515-52 - Temperature

leet2000
leet2000 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
What's the normal temperature for Nitro 5 when gaming? I have hit max 96c when playing TEKKEN 7 on high settings.
Then I come to a thread suggesting reduce the maximum processor state and the temp drops to max 79c,is that option safe? Thanks.

Model is AN515-52 ,GeForce GTX1050.

Best Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Temperatures below 90 deg with the occasional spike are fine but consistent temperatures above 90 deg are a problem. The method above will cause a marked loss of game performance.
    90 degrees is pushing the limit and I suspect bad thermal paste which has been an ongoing problem. Repaste with Grizzly Kryonaut which is fairly simple and the video below shows you how step by step. You can also try undervolting using Intel XTU or a similar program, reduce it to -0.180v, -0.175v in steps, -0.150 is usually about right and has been shown to drop temps to around 80 deg
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfoUkIazNA&t=24s

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    leet2000 said:
    Isn't that method used to lower the boost of CPU when gaming? Because the game is more rely to GPU. Btw, I'm afraid pasting will void my guarantee.

It is the CPU temperature that you need to reduce, the CPU is the processor, GPU's rarely if ever have temperature problems. The method of undervolting I described above is common practice in the gaming world and is a commonly recommended and proven solution for your problem. As for voiding your warranty, your warranty is voided if you have the sticker covering a screw on the underside that says "Warranty void if removed", if you don't it isn't voided

Please click YES if I have answered your problem

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Temperatures below 90 deg with the occasional spike are fine but consistent temperatures above 90 deg are a problem. The method above will cause a marked loss of game performance.
    90 degrees is pushing the limit and I suspect bad thermal paste which has been an ongoing problem. Repaste with Grizzly Kryonaut which is fairly simple and the video below shows you how step by step. You can also try undervolting using Intel XTU or a similar program, reduce it to -0.180v, -0.175v in steps, -0.150 is usually about right and has been shown to drop temps to around 80 deg
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfoUkIazNA&t=24s

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• leet2000
    leet2000 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Isn't that method used to lower the boost of CPU when gaming? Because the game is more rely to GPU. Btw, I'm afraid pasting will void my guarantee.

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    leet2000 said:

It is the CPU temperature that you need to reduce, the CPU is the processor, GPU's rarely if ever have temperature problems. The method of undervolting I described above is common practice in the gaming world and is a commonly recommended and proven solution for your problem. As for voiding your warranty, your warranty is voided if you have the sticker covering a screw on the underside that says "Warranty void if removed", if you don't it isn't voided

Please click YES if I have answered your problem

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★