Aspire V3-111P isn't detecting touchpad

BDnew
BDnew Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi All

I've done a bit of searching, so sorry if I've missed the answer to this. I think I just need a bit of walking through.

I have an Aspire V3-111P. It originally came with Windows 8 or 8.1 (lost information in the mists of time). It was updated to windows 10, ooo, a few years ago. All working fine.

I just put a new hard drive and memory in as it was getting too sluggish to use.

Installed Windows 10 using a USB, following the instructions given on the MS website.

Windows is working okay but the touchpad is not. It doesn't appear in BIOS (no option for basic or advanced touchpad) and it doesn't appear in the device manager. I believe the line for it in the device manager is: "I2C HID Device". It has the code "acpi\syn1b7d\1" in its properties, so I guess it's the synaptics one. In its Properties>Events, it looks like the device had trouble starting.

I've spent a fair time googling and clicking on things, but I think I need some help making steps forward. Any help appreciated. Please let me know what else you need to know to help.

Thanks

Answers

• BDnew
    Ahhh. I finally got round to reseating the touchpad ribbon inside and it works! Well, I also put the old hard drive in, did a dance of hope, and then put the new hard drive back in. So one of them fixed it.

I'd say I still need help, but not the kind any forum could provide ;)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    You do know that if you film that Dance of Hope it would likely go viral on Youtube? :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BDnew
    billsey said:
    You do know that if you film that Dance of Hope it would likely go viral on Youtube? :)

Especially if it works!